Job Coach Description
CVS Inc. is a community-based day program that provides vocational and functional life skills training, socialization and community integration to adults diagnosed with developmental disabilities. The Vocational / Life Coach position works directly with individuals out in the community on these skills and may include (but is not limited to) supervising employment/volunteer sites, coaching sports and leading classes.
This position requires the following:
· Must be 18 years of age
· Must have a valid California driver's license, proof of required insurance coverage in CA
(50,000 / 100,000), reliable vehicle that passes safety vehicle inspection and can safely transport four or more individuals.
· Must express desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities.
· Must be able to communicate well verbally and in writing.
· Must be willing to work variable hours, all positions are at-will.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
· Must be able to function and carry out all job duties effectively while out in the community.
· Must complete all items listed in the employee checklist (I-9, W-4, application, etc.)
General responsibilities include:
Assist with overall development, implementation and supervision of each person's individual service plan (ISP). This includes implementing activities that demonstrate a person centered approach and active treatment, monitor individual's behavior and needs, maintain positive community support, transport individuals to access employment and community opportunities, chart daily on individual activity, provide feedback on the effectiveness on individual service plans, provide care and safety for all persons served, promote independence, and maintain consistent communication with management staff.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $14.00 /hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
· 8 A.M.
Typical end time:
· 2:30 P.M.
Call or Text Pamela at (559)978-5290
or Email her at